Apply & Audition for the School of Music
In response to COVID-19 health and safety concerns, University of Puget Sound and the School of Music will not host in-person auditions for the 2020-2021 application year. Instead, auditions will be held in a hybrid format including a recorded audition and a virtual interview. In the coming weeks we will release instructions and deadlines for students interested in auditioning for the School of Music. In the meantime, please review the below Entrance Audition Requirements to learn about audition repertoire.
Questions? Contact the Music Recruitment Coordinator for more information.
Visit the Music Audition application for application deadlines and audition dates
In addition to the Common Application to Puget Sound, an entrance audition is required for:
- Acceptance to the School of Music (major/minor programs)
- Music scholarship consideration, regardless of major or minor
- Please review the Entrance Audition Requirements page regarding audition repertoire.
- To schedule an audition, or if you are sending a recorded audition, you must submit the Music Audition Application.
- To audition for a music major, submit the Music Audition Application and a letter of recommendation from a studio teacher or conductor. Your instructor may fill out the online evaluation form. The audition will qualify for your admission to the School of Music and for scholarship consideration.
- To audition for a scholarship only, submit the Music Audition Application. A letter from a studio teacher or conductor is not required for scholarship-only applicants, but is encouraged.
- To help us become familiar with your musical background, it is strongly recommended that all applicants submit a performance resume with their music audition application (required for keyboard majors).
Please note: We do not accept the arts supplement from the Common Application.
Please contact our Music Recruitment Coordinator with any questions about application procedures.