Apply & Audition for the School of Music
In addition to your Common Application to Puget Sound, an entrance audition is required for:
- Acceptance to a music major
- Music scholarship consideration, regardless of major or minor
- Please review the Entrance Audition Requirements page regarding audition repertoire.
- To schedule an audition, or if you are sending a recorded audition, you must submit the Music Audition Application by Dec. 1.
- To audition for a music major, submit the Music Audition Application and a letter of recommendation from a studio teacher or conductor. Your instructor may fill out the online evaluation form. This audition will also consider you for a scholarship.
- To audition for a scholarship only, submit the Music Audition Application. A letter from a studio teacher or conductor is not required for scholarship-only applicants, but is encouraged.
- To help us become familiar with your musical background, it is recommended that you submit a resume with your music audition application (required for keyboard majors).
Students are encouraged to audition in person for scholarship consideration, either on campus or at our regional audition dates in Denver, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, or San Francisco.
Video-recorded auditions are also accepted for those who live 200 miles or more from an audition location and are unable to attend on-campus auditions. There are specific requirements, so be sure to view details on submitting a video-recorded audition. We do not accept CD or audio recordings.
We do not accept the arts supplement from the Common Application. The audition and accompanying materials replace the arts supplement.
Please contact our Music Recruitment Coordinator with any questions about application procedures.
Denver - Jan.14, 2018
Los Angeles - Jan. 21, 2018
Minneapolis - Jan. 21, 2018
San Francisco - Jan. 27 & 28, 2018
On Campus - (two dates)
- Feb. 2, 2018
- Feb. 10, 2018
Video-Recording - Feb. 1, 2018
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For entrance audition requirements, including repertoire guidelines, please visit the Entrance Audition Requirements.