Visit the Music Audition application for application deadlines and audition dates
In addition to the Common Application to Puget Sound, an entrance audition is required for:
- Acceptance to the School of Music (major/minor programs)
- Music scholarship consideration, regardless of major or minor
- Please review the Entrance Audition Requirements page regarding audition repertoire.
- To schedule an audition, or if you are sending a recorded audition, you must submit the Music Audition Application.
- To audition for a music major, submit the Music Audition Application and a letter of recommendation from a studio teacher or conductor. Your instructor may fill out the online evaluation form. The audition will qualify for your admission to the School of Music and for scholarship consideration.
- To audition for a scholarship only, submit the Music Audition Application. A letter from a studio teacher or conductor is not required for scholarship-only applicants, but is encouraged.
- To help us become familiar with your musical background, it is strongly recommended that all applicants submit a performance resume with their music audition application (required for keyboard majors).
Students are encouraged to audition in person for scholarship consideration, either on campus or at regional auditions in Honolulu, Denver, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, or San Francisco.
Video auditions are accepted for applicants who live 200+ miles from any audition location. There are specific requirements, so be sure to view details on submitting a video-recorded audition. We do not accept CD or audio recordings.
Please note: We do not accept the arts supplement from the Common Application.
Please contact our Music Recruitment Coordinator with any questions about application procedures.