Visit the Music Audition application for application deadlines and audition dates
In addition to the Common Application to Puget Sound, an entrance audition is required for:
- Acceptance to the School of Music (major/minor programs)
- Music scholarship consideration, regardless of major or minor
- Please review the Entrance Audition Requirements page regarding audition repertoire.
- To schedule an audition, or if you are sending a recorded audition, you must submit the Music Audition Application.
- To audition for a music major, submit the Music Audition Application and a letter of recommendation from a studio teacher or conductor. Your instructor may fill out the online evaluation form. The audition will qualify for your admission to the School of Music and for scholarship consideration.
- To audition for a scholarship only, submit the Music Audition Application. A letter from a studio teacher or conductor is not required for scholarship-only applicants, but is encouraged.
- To help us become familiar with your musical background, it is strongly recommended that all applicants submit a performance resume with their music audition application (required for keyboard majors).
Students are encouraged to audition in person for scholarship consideration, either on campus or virtually by submitting a video recording of your audition to the music application page.
For video auditioners, be sure to view details on submitting a video-recorded audition. We do not accept CD or audio recordings.
Please note: We do not accept the arts supplement from the Common Application.
Please contact our Music Recruitment Coordinator with any questions about application procedures.