Each spring, the English department presents four awards to graduating seniors:
- The Barry Bauska Senior Creative Writing Major Award
- The Peter Greenfield Award for Leadership in the English Major
- The Philip Hager Outstanding Senior Literature Major Award
- The Kathryn Irene Rodgers Scholarship
For more information about each award, please visit: Award Information
Additionally, the department sponsors three writing contests:
- The Nixeon Civille Poetry Contest
- The Esther Wagner Fiction Contest
- The Sandler Critical Essay Contest
2021 Writing Contest Winners
Nixeon Civille Handy Poetry Award
Yuki Morgan for "You're a Virgo"
Sandler Critical Essay Award
Alex Miller for "Pronouns and Paradox in Paradise"
Esther Wagner Fiction Prize
Izzy Horn for "Sidereal"
Barry Bauska Senior Creative Writing Major Award
Kathryn Irene Rodgers Scholarship
Not awarded in 2021
Peter Greenfield Award
Zeno C. Deleon Guerrero
Janelle Ariota, Izzy Horn, and Marleen Pan