About Lambda Pi Eta
Lambda Pi Eta was founded in 1985 at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville and became a national honor society in 1987. It was affiliated with the National Communication Association in 1988 and became the official National Communication Honor Society of NCA in 1995. The group is composed of undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in the field of communication studies and recognizes their high academic achievement.
Requirements to become a member of the University of Puget Sound Nu Gamma chapter of Lambda Pi Eta:
- Have attained junior standing
- Have completed four Communication Studies classes
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Have a Communication Studies GPA of at least 3.25
- Be in good standing with the University
- Display commitment to the field of Communication
Once a student is inducted into Lambda Pi Eta, he or she is a member for life. If a member were to no longer hold the academic requirements for membership, the student may not be removed from the society.
The application deadline for the spring initiation is the end of March. if you are interested in joining our group, please contact the Communication Studies office for more information.