Puget Sound users can schedule instruments at the Science Core Facility during normal business hours and after hours. However, researchers must be properly trained by the core technician before working independently with any of the laboratory instrumentation.
The Science Core Facility Technician is generally available 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday, or by appointment.
If you need to be trained on an instrument, you must first send an email to the Science Core Facility Technician to arrange a day and time. Training usually takes 90 min for the SEM and Confocal.
First-time Clustermarket Users
If this is your first time accessing the Clustermarket online instrument scheduling system, you will need to send the Science Core Facility Technician an email to be added as a user so you can create an account:
- Provide you First and Last name
- Enter your school/work email
- Create a password
- Accept Terms and Conditions
- You will get an email from Clustermarket with a link to confirm your email in order to access the platform.
- After signing into Clustermarket for the first time, you will need to Accept the invitation.
A quick Tutorial will launch to show you how to navigate Clustermarket and make your first reservation. Please note: that the Science Core Facility Technician will need to give you access to Project codes before your first booking can be completed. If the invitation is accepted outside of business hours, you will receive access after the start of the next business day.
Puget Sound and Outside Users
Scheduling for instruments is done using the online calendar on a first-come, first-served basis and must be done before using the instrument. Please note: Users who have reserved an instrument get priority access. If you forget to use the calendar, send the Science Core Facility Technician an email with your booking information so your time can be retroactively added to the calendar.
To sign up or reserve an instrument:
- Click on the link below for the instrument you'd like to reserve.
- Sign in to Clustermarket to access the instrument calendar. If you don't have access to the instrument you'd like to reserve, send an email to the Science Core Facility Technician to request access.
- Click and drag for the timeslot you'd like to reserve, click Continue. Tip: You can make multiple selections at the same time.
- In the Confirm Booking window, verify the information is correct and then select the appropriate Project Code to indicate if use is part of a class project or independent research, then click Confirm.
Plant Growth Chambers: