Annual Microscopy Image Contest
- Must be a currently enrolled student or graduated the year of the contest at the University of Puget Sound; any major is welcome.
- Individuals are allowed to submit up to three entries, but these must be of different subjects or utilizing different microscopy techniques.
- Any image taken on a microscope at Puget Sound is eligible (light, fluorescence, SEM, TEM, or confocal microscopy).
- Images can be generated from coursework or research conducted at Puget Sound.
- Images should contain a scale bar and additional annotations entrants feel are necessary to help the audience understand your image.
- Files must be in .JPEG or.TIFF format.
- Please submit the highest quality image with regard to file size, bit depth, and resolution.
- Digital editing software may be used to adjust image attributes such as brightness, contrast, and color saturation, but the software used must be indicated in the figure caption.
- Digital editing software MAY NOT be used to alter the contents of the image outside of scale bars or other necessary annotations.
All entries must be emailed to Amy Replogle (email@example.com) with a figure caption by Monday, September 7th, 2020.
- Will take place at the Fall Poster Symposium September 10th, 2020.
- Images will be judged by a panel of Puget Sound faculty, staff, and students in attendance.
- To see last years entries and winners see our Photo Gallery.
- Prize winners were announced at the Fall Poster Symposium.
- People’s Choice winner received a water bottle and umbrella by Leica.
- All entrants received a flash drive and travel clock also provided by Leica.
- All entries are featured on the Science Core Facility Webpage.
- All images are displayed in the Harned Hall Science Center.