Find information below on stadium policies, ticketing information, parking details, and accessibility accommodations for guests and grads below.
Stadium and Parking Information
- All bags are subject to search upon entry. We request no large bags or backpacks be brought into Baker Stadium. All bags, regardless of size, are subject to search.
- The university has strict policies prohibiting weapons on campus. For more information, visit Puget Sound's Weapons Policy
- Student and guest parking will be distributed throughout campus the weekend of Commencement. Parking for guests with disabilities will be available in the Fieldhouse parking lot.
- No animals are allowed in the stadium (except service animals).
- Please note that tickets are required to attend the Commencement Ceremony.
- Each graduate will receive six guest tickets to distribute to family and friends.
- Graduates do not need a ticket as they will be participating in the ceremony.
- Tickets will be distributed beginning Wednesday, March 6 & Tuesday, March 19 at the Grad Fair events in Rasmussen Rotunda from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Following Grad Fair, tickets will be available for students to pick up in the Logger store. Students will need to provide their Student ID when picking up their tickets.
- Limited additional tickets will be available upon request by emailing email@example.com. Please include the total number of tickets needed and Student ID. Graduates and their families will be notified by email when additional tickets become available.
Washington weather, rain or shine!
- University of Puget Sound holds the Commencement Ceremony outdoors in celebration of the striking Pacific Northwest environment. Like the graduating classes before you, you might come to remember graduation in terms of the weather. The Class of 2024 could hold the record for the rainiest, hottest, or most beautiful Commencement Ceremony, so make sure you and your guests dress for unpredictable weather.
- There is no protection from the wind, sun, or rain; bring sunscreen, sunglasses, caps, rain-ponchos, and umbrellas. If rain is predicted, graduates and those who are seated on the field (the most vulnerable in inclement weather) will be provided with ponchos, however all guests should come prepared for rain or shine.
- In the event of severe weather (such as lightning, threat of lighting, and/or high winds), an announcement with instructions will be made from the stage, and information will also be available on the website.
Accessibility for Grads and Guests
- Designated, ground-level seating will be available for guests with disabilities, and a limited number of seats are available for family members accompanying guests with disabilities. Commencement ushers will gladly assist guests in need of these seating accommodations.
- Wheelchairs may be rented for use during Commencement Weekend from Discount Medical.
- If you have questions or accommodation needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important that we preserve the dignity and integrity of this special ceremony. To this end, you are required to wear the regalia over your regular attire to participate in the ceremony. Commencement is a substance-free ceremony. To ensure that you can participate fully in the Commencement Ceremony, please do not bring alcohol or any other substances to campus with you this day. Washington state law and university policy prohibit the consumption of alcohol in public areas and on the Puget Sound campus. Complying with state and university regulations and promoting good behavior will help to ensure that you, your fellow classmates, and your guests will have an enjoyable Commencement experience.