The interactive historical timelines below represent an amalgamation of numerous historical resources, and are subject to change as more information is uncovered about the university's past. Resources are listed at the bottom of the page. More historical timelines will be added in the future, continuing the Puget Sound story from 1974 through the current day!
All images property of University of Puget Sound except where otherwise noted.
- The University of Puget Sound 1888-1988: On the Frontier of Leadership, 1987
A book written about university history for our centennial celebration.
- University of Puget Sound From the Archives: People, Places, and Stories (1884-2017)
A book written by retired staff member (and volunteer archivist) John Finney '67.
- Arches alumni magazine, Winter 2013 special issue for the university's 125th anniversary
- A Sound Past, an online collection of historic university-related photographs available through the university archives
- University of Puget Sound Ephemera, an online collection of historic documents available through the university archives
- Sound Ideas Film Archive, an online collection of historic films available through the university archives
- Sound Ideas University Historical Texts, an online collection of historic texts available through the university archives
- Sound Ideas repository of The Puget Sound Trail, an online collection of the student newspapers, including The Trail and its predecessors, The Maroon and Ye Recorde, available through the university archives
- Special thanks to Amy Hackett, Director of Athletics, and Adriana Flores '13, Laura Edgar, and John Finney '67, University Archives & Special Collections.