Counseling, Health, and Wellness Services, located on the second floor of Wheelock Student Center, offers professional psychological and primary health care for students, as well as a variety of programs and services related to the physical, mental, and emotional health of everyone at Puget Sound.
- Primary medical care including evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of acute and chronic conditions
- STI screening, counseling, birth control prescriptions, and emergency contraceptives
- Mental health services including assessment and treatment in both individual and group settings
- Referrals to community treatment for anything beyond our scope of practice or for those who prefer to be seen off campus
- Continuation of allergy shots approved by allergist
- Continuation of approved hormone replacement therapy injections
- Assessments for substance abuse when required
- Assessments required through mandated assessment for risk of suicidality or self-harm
- Registered dietician appointments with referral
- Documentation to facilitate reimbursement from insurance
- CHWS-led training on a variety of topics, including graduate training and internships
In order to provide you with the highest standard of care, the CHWS staff includes medical and mental health professionals including physician assistants, nurse practitioners, a registered nurse, a registered dietician, a doctor, and a psychiatric nurse practitioner.
Costs and Insurance
We are unable to bill insurance; however, our staff can work with you to help you submit for potential reimbursement from your insurance provider. We aim to provide services at a reasonable cost to students, including free counseling appointments and commonly prescribed medications available for less than local pharmacy prices.