As a community, it’s up to each of us to create an environment where everyone is respected and valued. We are accountable to each other through the Student Integrity Code, which outlines behaviors and expectations for everyone who lives, studies, and works on our campus. The Office of Student Accountability & Restorative Practices establishes and maintains these standards and procedures to ensure the safety, security, and educational goals of Puget Sound are realized.
Students may be referred to Student Accountability & Restorative Practices if their behavior and actions violate the Student Integrity Code. Students are provided opportunities through the conduct process to reflect on their decisions in an environment where they can expect to be treated with respect in a fair and consistent manner.
It is the goal of our process to encourage students to examine themselves, their values, and their relation to others in their behaviors and actions. As our process is holistically educational in nature, outcomes of our processes are individually developed with the goal of promoting critical thinking, repairing harm, and helping students see their actions in the larger scope of the Puget Sound community. While we value transparency, we are also committed to providing students with procedural protections for their privacy when possible.
Student Integrity Code
As a member of the Puget Sound community, you are expected to understand your responsibilities under the Student Integrity Code and make decisions that are in alignment with the code and your personal values. As a result of participating in the conduct process, you will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of impacts your decisions have on your personal life.
- demonstrate an understanding of impacts your decisions have on your academic success.
- demonstrate an understanding of impacts you decisions have on your community.
- demonstrate using reflection to inform future decisions.
- explore your own values as they relate to Puget Sound’s Student Integrity Code.
- demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate in a variety of contexts.