Don’t forget the details! Tie up those loose ends and have a smooth and stress-free final semester.

Degree requirements and diplomas

You may participate in the Commencement Ceremony even if you complete your final courses or requirements at a later date. Students wishing to participate in the 2024 Commencement Ceremony must apply to graduate through the Office of the Registrar. If you are planning to graduate Spring, Summer or Fall 2024 and plan to participate in the 2024 Commencement Ceremony, please apply to graduate as soon as possible so that your graduation application can be recorded and to receive important information regarding commencement. Contact Assistant Registrar Brittany Sefton in the Office of the Registrar at 253.879.3039 or by email to apply for graduation or to make changes to an existing graduation application.

Bachelor’s degree candidates are advised to review Puget Sound degree requirements for their specific requirement term as outlined in the Bulletin. Note that the first degree requirement is to earn at least 32 units. All degree requirements must be completed by the end of the term in which a student applies to graduate in order to award the degree for that term.

Your diploma will be mailed to you eight to 12 weeks after the final term of work has been completed successfully. The diploma will be mailed to each graduate’s home address, unless you provide a change of address to the Office of the Registrar. All official “holds” must be removed before ordering an official transcript.


Loan exit counseling sessions

Did you borrow a Federal Direct (Stafford) Loan or a Federal Perkins Loan as part of your financial aid package at Puget Sound? Each requires you to complete an online loan exit counseling session. Watch your email for more information, or visit the Direct Loan Repayment page.


Returning library materials

Please return all library materials to Collins Memorial Library and pay outstanding fines by noon on Friday, May 3. Any financial hold on your account will delay the release of your transcript and diploma.