Find info below on stadium policies, ticketing info, parking details, and accessibility accommodations for guests and grads below.
Stadium and Parking Information
- All bags are subject to search upon entry. We request no large bags or backpacks be brought into Baker Stadium. All bags, regardless
of size, are subject to search.
- The university has strict policies prohibiting weapons on campus. For more information, visit pugetsound.edu/weaponspolicy.
- Parking will be distributed throughout campus. You can find a map of campus parking areas here. Parking for guests with disabilities will be available in the Fieldhouse parking lot.
- No animals are allowed in the stadium (except service animals).
- Please note that tickets are required to attend the Commencement Ceremony. Each graduate will receive six guest tickets to distribute to family and friends.
- Tickets will be distributed electronically.
- Additional tickets will be available by request in the spring. Graduates and their families will be notified by email when these additional tickets become available.
Washington weather, rain or shine!
- University of Puget Sound holds the Commencement Ceremony outdoors in celebration of the striking Pacific Northwest environment. Like the graduating classes before you, you might come to remember graduation in terms of the weather. The Class of 2023 could hold the record for the rainiest, hottest, or most beautiful Commencement Ceremony, so make sure you and your guests dress for unpredictable weather.
- There is no protection from the wind, sun, or rain; bring sunscreen, sunglasses, caps, rain-ponchos, and umbrellas. If rain is predicted, graduates and those who are seated on the field (the most vulnerable in inclement weather) will be provided with ponchos, however all guests should come prepared for rain or shine.
- In the event of severe weather (such as lightning, threat of lighting, and/or high winds), an announcement with instructions will be made from the stage, and information will also be available on the website.
Accessibility for Grads and Guests
- Designated, ground-level seating will be available for guests with disabilities, and a limited number of seats are available for family members accompanying guests with disabilities. Commencement ushers will gladly assist guests in need of these seating accommodations.
- The ceremony will be captioned for guests seated near the stage on Peyton Field.
- Wheelchairs may be rented for use during Commencement Weekend from:
3907 6th Ave.
If you have questions or accommodation needs, please contact email@example.com.
Please respect the dignity of the Commencement Ceremony by dressing appropriately, showing good manners, and refraining from use of alcohol. Washington state law and university policy prohibit consumption of alcohol in public areas and on the Puget Sound campus. Complying with state and university regulations and promoting good behavior will help ensure that you, your fellow classmates, and your guests will have an enjoyable Commencement experience.