Timeline software allows students to design sophisticated interactive works that situate particular events against a larger historical backdrop. Working with timelines helps students...
- Develop narrative skills
- Understand and depict events in context
- Interrogate cause-and-effect relationships
- Perceive and interpret patterns and disruptions
- StoryMap JS—StoryMap JS is an open-source, free software program, developed and supported by Northwestern University's Knight Labs, that allows users to create media-rich timelines that can be easily embedded in an existing website.
- Guide to building a timeline with Timeline JS (DOC), by Tim Lulofs
- How to Edit Your Timeline with HTML (DOC), by Tim Lulofs
- Library guide on timelines and related resources