Digital essays pair traditional writing skills with multimedia-rich platforms that allow students to embed images, video, GIS maps, timelines, and other forms of content into their academic writing projects. In general, digital essays ask students to...
- Explore how the digital realm offers new possibilities for scholars
- Use multimedia to bolster or clarify an argument
- Curate an essay so that text and other media complement one another
- Atavist—Atavist is a publishing platform that supports collaborative authoring and thesis-development and allows users to embed media and third-party applications
- WordPress—WordPress is a content management system that is frequently used as a blog or website platform
- A video tutorial on basic Atavist functionality by Kendall Gilman
- A guide to using WordPress in the classroom and modeling assignments by the University of William and Mary