Going on sabbatical? Taking your university laptop? We recommend the following steps to ensure you are ready for an extended absence from campus:
- Reset your Puget Sound password if it is due to expire while you are away from campus.
- We strongly recommend using MyPugetSound to reset your password.
- Be sure to sign into your laptop with your new password before you leave campus.
- Back up important files to your Puget Sound network share.
- If anything happens to your laptop while you are away, your important files will remain safe on the university’s servers.
- Ensure your laptop has the latest software and operating system updates installed.
- Check that you have adequate hard drive space available on your laptop.
- Ensure you have adequate mailbox space available in your Puget Sound email account.
- Resolve any “minor” issues before you leave.
- Sometimes “minor” or intermittent issues can be symptoms of a larger problem with your laptop, and we’d like to get those fixed well before you leave!
- Consider an out of office message for email and an alternate voicemail greeting for your office phone.
Please contact the Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253.879.8585 if you have any questions or need assistance!