Langlow House, built in 1906, is the optional residence for sophomores accepted into the Honors Program. The college acquired the house in 1948. It was purchased from Leonard Langlow (who was at the time the editor of the Tacoma Times) and his family. Two Langlow sons, Ken and Stan, were members of Puget Sound's chapter of the Kappa Sigma fraternity. For a time the house was the Kappa Sigma residence.