Thank you for your interest in applying for a position on the Residence Life Student Staff team at the University of Puget Sound. Staff Selection is an extensive and thorough process; applications will be reviewed to assure that everyone continuing through the selection process meets the minimum qualifications. Final offers for Residence Life will be sent via email. Before applying, please review the Position Description in detail. To be considered, you must complete the New Candidate Application.
- Review the Position Description in detail!
- Review the Dates to Remember to ensure you can commit
- Submit completed New Candidate Application online by 5pm on Monday, January 30, 2023.
- Group Process: Group process consists of you and other applicants participating in activities that simulate what it might be like to be a student leader in residence life. You will be able to gain an understanding of the position better, as well as observe important values of residence life. Each exercise will be facilitated by a professional staff member and current student leader. The group process is a two-hour group session held on either Wednesday, February 8 or Thursday, February 9 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. You will receive your interview time, date and location after all applications have been received.
- Individual Interviews: Individual interviews will be thirty minutes long, held on between Monday, February 13, and Friday, February 17, in the Residence Life office. This interview will be conducted by two team members of Residence Life. You will sign up for your interview time at Group Process.
- Final decisions will be made by Friday, March 3, 2023 via email.
Personal Expression Project
The personal expression project is a part of the application process that allows each candidate to showcase something unique and passionate about themselves. As a residence life leader, a critical component of success is being able to think creatively and connect with others. This project is your chance to showcase how you would relate to a diverse group of residents living on-campus through your personal passions. Bring something (anything!) that is a creative expression of yourself, your history, your interest in the position, or experience living on campus. Prepare to explain in less than five minutes how this expression project relates to both your personality and how it makes you a strong candidate. What about your project demonstrates your ability to be a unique part of the residence life team? Use your imagination and show us your creative side! Not sure what to do? Talk to your current Res Life team member for support, or email Megan FinCannon, Assistant Director of Residence Life at email@example.com.
Important Dates to remember
|November 8, 2022
||6-7pm Wheelock Rotunda
|November 9, 2022
||6-7pm in Library Room 054
|January 25, 2023
||7-7:30pm Wheelock Rotunda
||Student Leader meet and greet
|January 30, 2023
|February 8 or 9, 2023
||Group interview process
|February 13-17, 2023
||Wheelock Student Center Room 202
|March 1, 2023
||Final decisions; decision letters sent out via email
|March 10, 2023
||Deadline to accept position
Tips on Submitting a Well-Prepared Application
- Talk to current staff about their experience before preparing your application.
- Make sure you allow enough time to complete all questions and prepare your resume!
- Be sure to submit your application on time!
- Utilize CES's Resume and Cover Letter Guide for pointers.
- Attend the Residence Life Meet and Greet and one of the Info Nights.