Here’s a guide to accessing services on-campus and off. 

  • If you are wondering whether you might have ADHD:
    Schedule a regular counseling appointment at CHWS. Your therapist will talk with you about whether a formal ADHD assessment is needed.
  • If you want to know if you have a diagnosis of ADHD:
    Schedule an appointment with a psychologist off-campus who conducts formal assessments in this area or at home. Puget Sound does not provide comprehensive testing on campus. CHWS & Student Accessibility and Accommodations (SAA) can assist you with referrals.
  • If you want to talk about how your ADHD affects your academics, relationships, self-esteem, identity, etc.:
    Make a regular counseling appointment at CHWS. These and other issues are excellent topics to address in therapy.
  • If you are already on medication for ADHD and need a local medical provider to maintain your prescription:
    Have a record of your diagnosis, treatment plan, and current medications sent to CHWS. Once those have arrived, schedule a 30-minute appointment with a CHWS medical provider who will evaluate whether we can provide medication management during your time at Puget Sound.
  • If you do not have a prior ADHD diagnosis and hope for treatment with prescription medication:
    See a psychiatrist in this area or your home town. Puget Sound does not provide the specialized and extensive psychiatric evaluation necessary to initiate this treatment. CHWS and SAA are available to help you with community provider referrals.