Welcome to Campus Living at Puget Sound! We are excited to have you build a home-away-from-home as a student at Puget Sound.
Check your Puget Sound email in early July! You will receive an email with your assigned date and time to move in. Our focus is to make sure we have a safe and efficient experience for you and your family. Below is move-in dates for the 2023-24 Academic Year.
New Student Move-In (including transfer students)
Friday, August 18th, 9:00am - 3:30pm: New first-year and transfer students
To reduce congestion to the greatest degree possible, move-in will begin at different intervals based on where you have been assigned to live. You will receive an email with your assigned date and time in July and specific instructions.
Continuing Student Move-In
Friday, August 25th- Sunday, August 27th: Continuing Student Move-In
International Student Move-In
Please contact Roy Robinson (email@example.com) for move-in details and to arrange your arrival.
Your room will be furnished with the following furniture (measurements are approximate): wardrobe (45”x51”x24”), desk (42”x24”), desk chair, drawers (22”x22”x5”), bookcase with 2 shelves (30”x16”x15”), and bed (all beds are extended-length 80" twin).
All on-campus residences, including Greek houses, campus houses, Thomas, and traditional residence halls, have free laundry and wireless internet.
Have you started packing yet? Here is a list of things you may want to consider packing:
- In response to COVID-19, we highly recommend students bring the following: reusable face masks (7), thermometer, disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, and Tylenol.
- A certified surge protector (make sure it’s not just a power strip!)
- A shower caddy for your bathroom supplies and shower shoes
- White Fun-Tac, Command Strips, or blue painters tape (nails, tacks or tape, etc., are not allowed)
- Hangers and stackable crates, bins, or under-bed storage for extra storage
- Microwaveable dishes, coffee mugs, or glasses
- A small throw rug (rooms are not carpeted)
- Extra-long twin sheets
- A small reading lamp
- An alarm clock
- Laundry Basket and Detergent (no pods)
- Small Fan
- Protective Mattress cover
- You might consider bringing an Ethernet cable – all rooms are wired for Ethernet, and you’ll have much faster, more reliable internet service.
Please leave your family pets (excluding small fish), halogen lamps, or appliances with exposed coils (toasters, toaster ovens, hot plates) at home – these items are prohibited in our residence halls.
Campus involvement enhances your classroom learning, and you will find a wide range of opportunities for developing leadership skills. Our campus activity fair, LogJam, after the first week
Puget Sound requires all students to live on-campus for their first two academic years
If you have decided not to attend Puget Sound this fall, please notify Residence Life in writing as soon as possible. Failure to do so before the end of the tenth day of classes by 5 p.m. may result in bill room charges for the entire fall semester.