An Advisor's Role Is To:
1. Get to know the student and to stay up-to-date with the student's academic progress while at Puget Sound.
2. Help the student find accurate, up-to-date information about the university's academic offerings and requirements.
3. Assist the student in developing a course of study, including core and major requirements as well as electives, which fits the student's academic background and educational and career goals.
4. Provide the student with information on campus support agencies and offer appropriate referrals to them.
5. Offer the student advising assistance should academic difficulties arise.
6. Make time available during office hours or by appointment to meet with advisees.
If you would like assistance identifying or changing your academic advisor, please contact the Office of Academic Advising (Howarth 114, 253.879.3250).