Info for Parents Counselors

Washington State Directive for Disbursement

If you are receiving a Washington State Need Grant (WSNG), you are required to complete a Directive for Disbursement. This form remains in effect for the duration of your continuous enrollment at Puget Sound. You have the right to change your directive at any time.

Please download and return to Student Financial Services at University of Puget Sound:
Student Directive for Disbursement of State Student Aid

Conditions of Award
You are being considered for a Washington State Need Grant (WSNG). If you receive this grant you will need to comply with the following conditions. If you have questions or find that you cannot comply with these conditions, please see your financial aid counselor in Student Financial Services.

  1. You do not owe a refund or repayment on a WSNG, a Pell Grant, or a Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant, nor are you in default on a loan made, insured, or guaranteed under the Perkins, National Direct, or Federal Family Education Loan programs. In addition, you are not in default on a loan made through a state conditional loan or conditional scholarship program.
  2. You must meet the minimum eligibility requirements for the program(s) awarded.
  3. If you do not attend or if you withdraw from your classes, you may owe a repayment of all or part of any state grant or scholarship you have received.
  4. The offer of a WSNG is subject to, and conditioned upon, the availability of funds. Washington Student Achievement Council and the institution through which the grant is awarded, reserve the right to withdraw, reduce, or modify the grant due to funding limitations or due to changes in circumstances which affect your eligibility for the WSNG.
  5. You must maintain academic progress standards following your institutions policies for state aid programs. You must not pursue a degree in theology or, if you are a state grant or scholarship recipient, hold a bachelor's degree.

You may choose to voluntarily make financial contributions to Washington Student Achievement Council in recognition of the assistance that you received. All voluntary contributions will be used to provide financial assistance to other students. Please contact for more information.