Forms and Deadlines

Apply on time - Many sources of financial aid have limited funding.


Federal and State Work-Study

  • Federal and State Work-Study employment is available to undergraduate continuing students only.
  • Students may be eligible even if they are not enrolled in summer classes if they will be enrolled full-time during Fall Semester 2020.
  • For most students, a summer Federal or State Work-Study award does not impact the amount of academic year aid awarded to them.


  • Undergraduate degree seeking students who enroll at least half-time (2.0 units)
  • Graduate degree seeking students who enroll at least half-time (1.5 units)

Summer financial aid award notices will be available beginning mid-April.

Financial Aid Programs

  • Federal and State Work-Study Employment: Jobs are available on campus for eligible students, and off campus for Washington State residents at select employers, including community service organizations (e.g., Tacoma Community House, Degrees of Change, United Way). Funding is awarded to eligible students on a first-come, first-served basis as they secure and confirm employment. Preference is given to students who are continuing in jobs they have held previously and those who have the skills, experience and/or availability that meet job requirements.
  • Full-Time State Work Study: The primary purpose of full-time summer State Work Study employment is to provide students who are not enrolled or enrolled less than half-time with an opportunity to save money for the upcoming period of enrollment. Under state guidelines, if a student is either not enrolled or enrolled less than half-time and earning State Work Study as a full time employee, that student is expected to apply 40% of their full-time State Work Study earnings as a resource toward education expenses for the following academic period. Please be advised that this can impact financial aid eligibility for the following academic period, including PLUS loan and private loan eligibility. For specifics regarding the State Work Study savings requirement, please contact Student Financial Services.
  • Additional Employment Options: Students who are not awarded Federal or State Work-Study are encouraged to visit the Career and Employment Services (CES) website for information on other employment opportunities. CES staff members are available to assist you with your job search.
  • Federal Direct Loan
  • Federal Parent PLUS Loan
  • Federal Graduate PLUS Loan
  • Private Educational Loans