Puget Sound Grants

Puget Sound grant assistance is awarded to undergraduate students based on demonstrated financial need. The amount of grant awarded may vary each year depending upon the level of financial need and other scholarship or grant assistance received.

Federal Grants

Federal Pell Grant - Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students, working towards their first bachelor's degree, who display exceptional financial need. Eligibility and amount you may be eligible to receive is determined by information provided on the FAFSA application. 

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) – SEOG grants are awarded to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. Priority is given to Pell Grant recipients. 

Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant (TEACH) - TEACH grants up to $4,000 are available for graduate students who intend to teach in an elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families.

More information

Eligibility and Award Conditions

Washington State Aid

The Washington College Grant program helps the state’s lowest-income undergraduates. Eligibility is determined by the Washington Student Achievement Council.

More information

Washington College Bound Scholarship

The College Bound Scholarship award amount will combine with Washington College Grant and other state funding to cover tuition and fees (at public institution rates) and a small book allowance for income-eligible students who sign up in the 7th or 8th grade.

Directive for Disbursement

If you are receiving a Washington College Grant (WCG), you are required to complete a Directive for Disbursement. This form remains in effect for the duration of your continuous enrollment at Puget Sound. You have the right to change your directive at any time.

Please download and return to Student Financial Services at University of Puget Sound:
Student Directive for Disbursement of State Student Aid

Conditions of Award

The State of Washington is offering you financial assistance to help support your educational expenses. Please visit Washington Student Achievement Council (WASC) website to receive more information about financial aid, scholarships, work study, and student loans.

By accepting state financial aid, you agree to the conditions listed below. If you have questions or find that you cannot comply with these conditions, please contact your institution’s financial aid office.

  1. You must meet the requirements for Washington State residency.
  2. You do not owe a repayment to any federal or state grant or scholarship nor are you in default on a state or federal student loan.
  3. You must be enrolled in an eligible program and not be pursuing a degree in theology.
  4. If you hold a bachelor’s degree or the foreign equivalent, or in some circumstances if you are pursuing a second associate degree within five years of earning an associate degree, you are not eligible to receive state grant funds.
  5. If you do not attend or if you withdraw from your classes, you may owe a repayment of all or part of any state funds you have received.
  6. You must maintain the academic progress standards established by your institution in order to receive additional state aid.
  7. There could be other circumstances that would require a repayment or reduction in your current award amounts.
  8. You must meet all eligibility requirements for the state aid program(s) awarded. The offer of this financial assistance is subject to, and conditioned upon, the availability of funds. WSAC and the institution through which the grant, scholarship, or work study is awarded, reserve the right to withdraw, reduce, or modify the awards due to funding limitations or due to changes in circumstances which affect your eligibility for the program(s).

You may choose to voluntarily make financial contributions to WSAC in recognition of the assistance that you received. All voluntary contributions will be used to provide financial assistance to other students. Please contact finaid@wsac.wa.gov for more information.


Grant Assistance for students from other states