Your Cost of Attendance (COA) is the estimated cost of the direct and indirect expenses you can expect during an academic year.
Direct costs are charges billed by Puget Sound that appear on your student account. The following charges will be billed to most full-time undergraduate students during the nine month academic year.
Direct Costs 2023-24
|Fall 2023 Semester||Spring 2024 Semester||Annual Costs|
|Tuition full-time enrollment
(3 to 4.75 units)
|Student Government Fee||$280||$280||$560|
|Room on Campus||$3,985||$3,986||$7,970|
|Food on Campus||$3,535||$3,535||$7,070|
1. Part-time students enrolling for fewer than 3 units are charged $7,495 per unit per unit of enrollment. Part-time students will be charged a pro-rated comprehensive fee.
2. Tuition Overload: The normal undergraduate course load is 3.00 to 4.75 units per semester. Coursework above 4.75 units is considered a tuition overload and additional tuition charges will be assessed on a per unit basis. Due to the potential for academic performance to suffer from the increased load, it is recommended that students consult with their academic advisor.
3. Room charge is for a standard room. The premium room charge for single rooms, Thomas Hall, Trimble Hall and university houses (even if you share a room within the house) is $9,560. For the fall semester only, students who are approved to live on-campus residences will be charged the standard room rate.
4. Meal charge is for Meal Plan C (formerly Medium). Other meal plans available include Off-Campus plan ($2790), Meal Plan A (Very Light) ($6370), Meal Plan B (formerly Light) ($6770), Meal Plan D (formerly Hearty) ($7470), and Meal Plan E (formerly Mega) ($7740).
5. Students who live in residence halls, Union Avenue housing, Foreign Languages House, and Langlow House are required to purchase an on-campus meal plan, either A, B, C, D, or E each semester.
Indirect costs are expenses you will incur that are not billed by Puget Sound.
Estimated Indirect Costs
|Books and Supplies||$1,000|
|Federal Loan Fees||$130|
*Additional $920 is allocated for students from outside of Washington & Oregon.
**Federal loan fees listed are based on freshman level direct loan borrowing $5500. Loan fees vary depending on the amount of the loan and fee percentage which can change annually. If a parent borrows a PLUS loan, loan fees will be added to the students "indirect costs" in a corresponding amount.