Thank you for your interest an International Student/Third Culture Kid (TCK) partner position with the I-Connect Program at University of Puget Sound.
The selection process includes two aspects: a group interview, and a very short written application.
- Group Interview – on Friday, May 10, 2019 from 12 - 2 pm please drop by Howarth 215 and be prepared to stay for about 20 minutes. This is an opportunity for you to learn more about the program and for our staff to get to know you. After the interview you may be invited to complete the formal application form so we can gather more details about you.
- Online application – the application form will be available after May 15
- Establish contact with assigned student(s) over the summer via e-mail
- Maintain regular contact with assigned student by ways of informal biweekly check-in meetings
- Be available as an active resource for assigned student(s)
- Attend and participate fully in 1-2 events each semester for the entire I-Connect Program
- Assist in evaluation of program
- Optional: Assist with assigned Orientation Week activities and events (i.e. Airport Shuttles, Move-in Day Shuttles, etc.)
- Hold a current GPA of 2.0 or above
- Be enrolled at Puget Sound for the 2019-2020 academic year
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following qualities:
- An appreciation for and interest in cultural differences
- Leadership skills to interact positively and encourage involvement of international students and TCKs
- The ability to work effectively as a team member with other mentors, international students and TCKs
- The ability to make sound, independent judgments and decisions, solve problems, and improvise
- Willingness to be a role model and uphold university policies and expectations