Info for Parents Counselors

Transfer Credit Information

Transfer Credit Search

The Registrar's Office has a Transfer Equivalency search tool that prospective students can use to know how current, previous, or anticipated college course may transfer to Puget Sound. Be sure to review the advisory notes for details on how the tool works and refer to the Academic Handbook for all policies related to transfer credit.

Running Start and College-Level Work in High School

Prospective students who have not graduated from high school, even if they have completed college coursework, should apply as first-year applicants. Candidates are considered transfer applicants if they have undertaken college coursework since high school graduation.

Please review our information on policies and procedures on college credits earned prior to high school graduation.

Advising Manual

Transfer Course Equivalencies for Undergraduate Students at Washington State Community Colleges

The Advising Manual is a means of identifying courses that will transfer to the University of Puget Sound from each two-year college within Washington state. The manual identifies those courses from each college that apply to Puget Sound Core requirements, parallel Puget Sound courses, or are transferable as general electives.

Please note this information is the most current available. New manuals will be uploaded as they are updated. For specific questions, it is recommended that students contact the University of Puget Sound Office of Admission at or by telephone at 253.879.3211 in advance of the term in which they plan to enroll to obtain the most up-to-date information and advising.