Puget Sound's commitment to being a fully welcoming and inclusive space

University of Puget Sound seeks to enroll students who share a commitment to academic adventure and community participation while bringing diverse backgrounds and talents to our campus, regardless of citizenship or immigration status.


We welcome your application for admission to Puget Sound! Students who are undocumented or have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) status apply the same way that U.S. citizens, permanent residents and eligible noncitizens apply. Learn more about First-Year Admission and Transfer Admission and please note the following:

  • Your citizenship status does not impact our review of your application.
  • You will not be considered an international student if you live in the United States.
  • Proof of citizenship is not required for admission and you do not need a Social Security Number to apply for admission. You can leave that field blank in Common Application.

Financial Aid

Undocumented students are eligible for Puget Sound financial aid and scholarships. We assist undocumented students in accessing state and other aid for which they are eligible. Please note the following:

  • Applicants are able to request an application fee waiver through the Common Application.
  • All students are automatically considered for academic merit scholarships just by applying for admission. Merit scholarships can range up to $31,000 per year. Academic scholarship award amounts stay constant year over year, assuming eligibility criteria is met.
  • Undocumented students are not eligible for federal student aid, but can be considered for other sources of need-based assistance. 
  • Washington state students can submit the WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) online to be considered for Puget Sound need-based aid and state aid programs.
  • Students who live outside Washington state can submit a printed copy of the PDF FAFSA directly to Puget Sound to be considered for Puget Sound need-based aid.
  • Private or outside scholarships are a great way to help with college expenses. We encourage students to review the Scholarship Directory for Undocumented Students, which tracks scholarships and fellowships identified by Immigrants Rising and My Undocumented Life that have been open to undocumented students. There are scholarships and fellowships for graduate and undergraduate students. The Higher Ed Immigration Portal has information on fellowships, data, and resources for undocumented students seeking to pursue higher education. The application deadline for the Dream Summer Fellowship created by the UCLA Labor Center’s Dream Resources Center closes each February for the following summer.