The IACUC will evaluate research project protocols to assure the research will be conducted in accordance with the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals and the Animal Welfare Act and Animal Welfare Regulations. Further, the IACUC will determine that the research project meets the following requirements:
- Procedures with animals will avoid or minimize discomfort, distress, and pain to animals, consistent with sound research design.
- Procedures that may cause more than momentary or slight pain or distress to the animals will be performed with appropriate sedation, analgesia, or anesthesia.
- The living conditions of animals will be appropriate for their species and contribute to their health and comfort.
- Personnel conducting procedures on the animals being maintained or studied will be appropriately qualified and trained in those procedures.
- Methods of euthanasia will be consistent with the recommendations of the American Veterinary Medical Association Panel on Euthanasia.
Animal Use Protocol Forms for:
- Faculty and student research project
- Student class independent project
- Faculty laboratory exercise for a course
Submit complete protocols as a single MS Word or PDF file to the IACUC chair Erin Colbert-White (firstname.lastname@example.org).