The mission of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) is to assure that all research and activities at the University of Puget Sound involving live vertebrate animals is conducted in accord with the highest scientific, humane, and ethical principles.
To fulfill its mission, the IACUC reviews protocols related to the care and use of vertebrate animals and any concerns regarding the care and use of animals at Puget Sound. In addition, at least once every six months, the IACUC reviews Puget Sound's program for humane care and use of animals and inspects all animal facilities on the Puget Sound campus. Finally, the IACUC reports on the above evaluations to the Provost, and makes written recommendations regarding any aspect of Puget Sound's animal program, facilities, or personnel training.
2019-2020 Committee Members
- Julie Arnold, Community Representative
- Eli Gandour-Rood, Science Liaison Librarian
- Austin Hardegree, DVM
- Jane Kenyon, Corporation and Foundation Relations
- Gary McCall, Exercise Science
- Michal Morrison-Kerr, Biology
- Alexa Tullis, Biology (chair)
- Stacey Weiss, Biology