Registration for all summer term begins on March 31, 2023! Join us for one of our six-week sessions taught by expert Puget Sound faculty.
Session I: Monday, May 15 – Friday, June 23
Session II: Monday, June 26 – Friday, August 4
Why would I even? Taking a class during summer term lets you catch up on a college credit, get ahead of the game, try a new subject you've always wanted to try, strengthen your writing, earn a valuable transfer credit, or fulfill that promise you once made to yourself to be a lifelong learner.
Who can take a class? You can! Current students, visiting students from other institutions, incoming students, community members, and staff & faculty members can all take classes during summer term. Admittance to the university is not required to take a summer term course.
Can I live on campus? If you're a current student, you sure can! Inexpensive, subsidized campus housing is available to current students taking Summer Term classes. Rates for Summer 2023 Housing are just $280 for one summer session (6 weeks) and $560 for two summer sessions (12 weeks). Learn more on the Summer Housing page.
How much does it cost? Approximately 25% less than Puget Sound tuition during the academic year, and some aid is available. Learn more on the Summer Term Costs & Aid page.
Okay, I'm interested, but can you tell me more?
- Summer Term is a great way stay on track with your degree requirements. Whether you're looking to get ahead, or need to catch up, we offer several Core courses in the Approaches and Connections areas, as well as a number of upper-division courses.
- Classes are available in person, online, and in hybrid formats (indicated on the '23 schedule). Wherever you are this summer, you can take a summer term class from an excellent Puget Sound faculty member.
- Classes are available in two terms, each offering a condensed, six-week format. This allows you to enroll for part of the summer and still have time to rest, relax, and enjoy your normal summer plans and activities.
- We offer Summer Term at a reduced tuition rate for undergraduate students. Summer Term tuition for undergraduates is approximately 25% less than tuition during the academic year.
- If you take two or more classes, you can enroll in an activity class with no additional charge. In other words fulfill a core requirement, tackle that math course required for your major, and take yoga for free!
- Admittance to the university is not required to take a summer course! Students from other schools, alumni, community members, and staff and faculty can all take summer term courses for credit or no credit!
- Tacoma is absolutely lovely in the summer (seriously!) The long days and warm weather offer myriad opportunities for exploration and fun. Venture out to Point Defiance, enjoy a Rainiers game, and get to know what a summer in Tacoma has to offer.
We hope you'll join us!