The Faculty Bylaws establish the duties of the Library, Media, and Information Systems Committee as the following:
- To develop general policies, procedures and plans in collaboration with the Library Director and the Chief Technology Officer.
- To provide recommendations and advice to all parts of the University community on the role of the library, media and information systems in support of the academic program.
- To review periodically the mission and objectives of the library and information systems and to recommend such changes as are needed.
- To review periodically the collection development plan for the library to ensure that a balanced collection is maintained for effective support of the academic program.
- Such other duties as may be assigned to it by the Faculty Senate.