- University of Puget Sound Catering Services does not sell or supply alcoholic beverages.
- An Alcohol Permit Application must be completed. After approval of your application, you must obtain a banquet permit or special occasion license. For more information about this process visit the Washington State Liquor Control Board website. Both the University application and the WA State permit/license must be posted at the event site and a copy of your WA State permit/license must be uploaded to your 25Live reservation.
- Groups not affiliated with the university are required to hire a bartender/ beverage attendant to monitor the consumption of alcohol on campus. A fee of $27.50 per hour will be charged for this service.
- Alcohol can be dropped off the day of the event for cooling and staging purposes.
- The client must remove all alcohol remaining after the event. The University of Puget Sound is not responsible for storing leftover alcohol. All remaining alcohol not removed by the client will be discarded.
Step by Step Process and Deadlines:
1. On-campus events that choose to provide beer, wine, or champagne must complete an application for approval. FOR STUDENT GROUPS - A risk management consultation with the Associate Dean of Student Involvement & Programs must be completed BEFORE submitting your application. Your application should be submitted one month prior to your event.
2. Once your application has been approved, obtain the appropriate banquet permit or special occasion license and upload a copy to your 25Live reservation. Special Occasion License applications must be submitted to the state 45 days before the event. Banquet permits are processed instantly but should be uploaded to your 25Live reservation at least 12 days prior to the event.
3. Post the approved University application and WA State permit/license at the event site.
4. For Student Groups - After the event, a copy of the register of all attendees must be filed with the Student Involvement & Programs Office on the following business day.