We want you to be your best self.
At Puget Sound the health and wellness of our faculty and staff members is critical to the well being of our community as a whole. The university makes a significant investment in the well being of our faculty and staff by covering 100% of the individual medical premium for each of our benefited faculty and staff members. We also offer access to both on- and off-campus resources to help you discover new skills, explore meaningful interests and activities, and pursue a healthy lifestyle.
Check out the new Hope Health Letter for great health tips, recipes and more. A new newsletter will be posted here quarterly.
On Campus Resources
- As a faculty or staff member, you and your household members have access to the university's recreational facilities, including the Athletics & Aquatic Center.
- You have access to the Intramural Sports Program, which allows participation in a variety of sport competitions and physical activities at the university.
- The Be Well Campaign provides information and tips on identifying healthy choices at the Diner. Follow it on Twitter and Instagram for more information: @BeWellUPS
Off Campus Resources
- YMCA - Initial membership fee waived with university identification.
- 24 Hour Fitness - Initiation fee waived and discounted rates. Check out current rates and a free 3-day pass.
- Premera Discounts - Provides member discounts to alternative care services, diet/nutrition services and supplements, eye glasses/contact lenses, LASIK laser vision correction, fitness clubs (Curves and LA Fitness) and hearing aids/screenings. For a complete list of member discounts, login to your account at www.premera.com and click on the "Stay Healthy" link under Member Services.
- Unum Work-Life Balance - An employee assistance program (EAP) to help you manage personal issues at work or at home. It is available for you and your family and is free of charge. In addition to information and referral services, you are provided telephone consultations and face-to-face meetings for short-term problem resolution. Login at lifebalance.net (username & password: lifebalance) or call 800.854.1446.
Puget Sound Fresh - Check out this website for information on local farms. Find out what's fresh, local and in season in the 2018 Farm Guide.
A TIAA financial consultant is on campus each month to discuss retirement planning. To register for an individual counseling session on one of the dates listed below, go to www.TIAA.org. Sessions are located in Wyatt 226 unless otherwise specified.
All sessions for August, September and October are filled. A notice will be sent out when sessions for November and December are available.