This section will help you prepare for opening a search for a staff member at Puget Sound.
Action items during this stage:
Utilize recruiting tools to prepare for the search
- Complete the Employee Value Proposition Questionnaire (PDF)
- Review information about recruiting a diverse candidate pool
Review & update job description (if necessary)
- Please review the job description for this position to determine if the description is current and accurate. If you need to make corrections to the existing job description, please contact Human Resources.
- If this is a new, previously undefined position, use a job description template (DOC).
- If the position is temporary, can be filled internally, or is a promotion, please contact Human Resources to discuss staffing options.
Complete requisition using the Employment Applicant Tracking System
- PeopleSoft is a web-based solution that automates the entire hiring process, allowing applicants, Human Resources, search chairs and other approved users 24/7 access to applicant material and job postings. This system will allow you to view the posting and application materials electronically.
- Once a job description is created, please contact the HR generalist to discuss next steps about uploading the job description into PeopleSoft and the approval process. These steps are completed by Human Resources.
Requisition approval process
- For regular or long-term temporary staff positions, the requisition requires the approval of the director of compensation and benefits and the department head or next level supervisor for the hiring manager.
- For short-term temporary staff positions, the requisition only requires department head approval (with the exception of some benefits-eligible positions).
View the next stage (Selecting Interviewees) >>