Registration week for the Fall 2020 term will be April 6 - 10. You can begin registering at your assigned time and continue to make changes to your schedule until 11:59 p.m. on
- Review the "To-Do List" section. All students are required to complete the Terms and Conditions/Emergency contact process each term.
- Review the Holds section. If you have
held, select the details arrow, select the link to see if the hold prevents registration. Contact the specific department for information on any action you must take. All students must resolve any registration holds before registering.
- If you are an undergraduate student, you must meet with your advisor before your registration time
to discussyour course selection and have your Advisor Registration service indicator released.
- To prepare for the advisor meeting, review your Academic Requirements report. This tutorial is provided for your assistance:
- How do I waitlist a class?
- How do I use 'manage my wait-list?
- How do I search for core and interdisciplinary courses?
- How do I take a class credit/no credit?
- How do I change my major/minor or change my advisor?
- What is a 'What if' report, and how can I run one?- Includes short instructional video?
- What if I need instructor consent to take a course?
During Registration Week and Open Registration, students may wait-list up to two closed courses. (The wait-list is not available during Freshmen Registration nor the Add Period.) To add yourself to a wait-list, you must check the 'wait-list ok' box as you add the course to your shopping cart. If you find a class has closed after you added it to your shopping cart, re-select the course from your cart and check the wait-list ok box. A course that is being wait-listed will have an enrollment status of 'waiting.' The list view of your schedule will show the position number on the wait-list.
Students can use the Manage My Wait-list feature to automatically be dropped from a registered class if space becomes available in the wait-listed class. To set up your preference, choose the "Manage My Wait-list" tab in your Student Center and follow the instructions on the page. Please note that setting a preference for the wait-listed course does not guarantee that you will get a spot in the class. If you do not take steps to manage your wait-list, you could be skipped, and the available spot will be given to the next student. You should use the Manage My Wait-list feature if:
- The wait-listed course will place your schedule in an overload (you may have up to 4.25 academic units plus .50 activity units at no additional tuition cost). If you intend to be in an overload, please contact the Registrar's Office for additional assistance.
- You are already registered for a different section of the same course.
- There is a time conflict between the course you are registered for and the course you are wait-listing.
Once wait-listed, be alert for email messages sent to wait-listed students.
How Do I Search For Core And Interdisciplinary Courses?
In Search for Classes, there is a Course Attribute field that allows you to search for Core classes, activity classes, new courses, courses within Interdisciplinary Programs, and study-abroad classes (for Puget Sound programs such as Pac-Rim). To search for all classes satisfying a specific Core category, choose Core in the Course Attribute field and the specific category (e.g., Connections) in the Course Attribute Value field. To search for courses included in an Interdisciplinary Program, select Interdisciplinary Program in the Course Attribute field and the specific program (e.g., African American Studies) in the Course Attribute Value field.
Please note that the credit/no credit temporary policy offered in the spring 2020 term does not apply to courses in the fall 2020 term. Juniors and seniors may select the credit/no credit
To register Credit/No Credit for a graded course, you must take the following steps:
- Register for the course as graded.
- Read the information about the policy in the Bulletin in the Grade Information and Policy section.
- Go to the Registrar Office before the end of the add period to register your preference for credit/no credit grade option.
To change advisor or change/declare a major or minor, you must complete the Change of Major, Minor, and Advisor Form and submit it to the Office of Academic Advising in Howarth 114. See more information on declaring a major/minor or selecting an advisor.
A "What if Report" is a tool you can use to see how the classes you have already completed will full the requirements for any particular major. Click here to view the tutorial created to help you run a "What if Report."
What If I Need A Consent Instructor To Take A Course?
If a course requires consent, you can contact the instructor. If you do not meet the prerequisites for a course, you can follow the same procedure. The instructor will need your UPSID number. The instructor will then enter your UPSID number on the permission page for the course, which will allow you to add the course at the time of your registration. Remember to add the course to your schedule. The instructor is not adding you to the course but permitting you. If a class is closed at your registration time, you will be placed on the wait-list. The instructor's consent does not override a closed class during registration week and open registration.