Authorized User Setup Instructions
All entering students who wish to grant billing access to a parent/guardian or anyone else who may need access to view billing, submit payment on your behalf, etc. should set them up as an Authorized User before we post billing on January 3.
- To access Bill + Payment, log into myPugetSound, select Bill + Payment found under the Student Finances Menu. Re-enter your Puget Sound username and password to log into the TouchNet Bill + Payment system.
- In the My Profile Set Up box, click Authorized Users then Add Authorized User.
- Enter email address where parent/guardian would prefer to receive communications from Bill + Payment.
- Select "yes" or "no" to allow access, or not, to your billing statements, your payment history and your 1098-T tax statement. Then, select "Continue." (Note: In order for the Authorized user to view your 1098-T tax statement you must agree to receive the 1098-T electronically)
January 15 is the spring 2023 semester on-time payment deadline.
- All students must complete their financial arrangements, to include making any required payment and completing all loan applications, by January 15.
- Students will not be permitted to check into their residence halls until all financial arrangements have been completed.
- Students who have not made financial arrangements or have not confirmed special payment arrangements by the initial payment deadline will be charged a nonrefundable $200 late payment confirmation fee.
- Failure to finalize payment confirmation by January 17, the first day of spring semester, will result in cancellation of fall registration. Re-enrollment is possible on a space available basis after payment arrangements have been confirmed.
- No re-enrollment is permitted after January 24, the Last Day to Add or Audit Classes.
Important Billing Details That Impact Amount Due
- Review Pending Financial Aid to confirm if loans have been declined or reduced as desired.
- REVIEW the information below as changes to meal plans or the addition of a Logger Store Account can impact the amount due on your student account.
- Students can add or adjust meal plans in myPugetSound beginning November 18.
- Entering students who submitted their Advanced Tuition Payment confirming enrollment at Puget Sound will owe more on their spring bill. This advanced payment only credits to fall billing. Students can expect to owe $500 more on spring semester billing (entering Doctor of Physical Therapy students have a $1,000 increase to their spring billing).
If you anticipate a problem meeting the payment deadline, please contact Student Financial Services (SFS) at firstname.lastname@example.org we are here to help!
Only students can add or change meal plans. All students living in residence halls, Union Avenue housing, Foreign Languages House, and Langlow House are required to purchase a meal plan.
- Students are placed on Meal Plan C (formerly Medium Plan) unless they change the plan via myPugetSound each semester - once billing has posted.
- Changing meal plans and/or adding an optional meal plan can be done through the 10th day of the semester.
- To add or change a meal plan, visit myPugetSound. In My Information, choose "Change My Meal Plan." Select an option within * Meal Plan, then select save meal plan.
- Parents and Student Financial Services staff members are not able to add a meal plan on a student's behalf, the student must do this themselves.
- Meal plans must be selected or changed each semester. If you do not wish to use the Meal Plan C be sure to change it. Fall Meal Plan Changes are not assumed to be the Spring Meal Plan Selection.
- Visit the Dining and Conference Services website for detailed information on meal plan offerings.
Dining Dollars can be purchased after 10th day if a student is running low on meal plan funds. You must have a current term meal plan to add Dining Dollars.
- Only students can add dining dollars in $25 increments by logging into myPugetSound. It can take up to four hours for the newly added dining dollars to be ready for use. The charge will be applied to your student account the following business day.
Logger Store Charge Account
Logger Store charge accounts allow students to establish a line of credit at the Logger Store by establishing a pre-selected, prepaid amount to use towards Logger Store purchases. Students pre-select the amount of credit they wish to establish, authorize a charge against their student account so that funds can be transferred to the Logger Store to create their prepaid account, and then begin utilizing their account for purchases.
- Logger Store Accounts can be added through 10th day of each semester.
Students can use their Logger Account all semester as long as they continue to have funds available for spending. Any unused credit at the end of the term will be transferred back to their student account. Logger Store accounts do not roll over from one semester to another.
Activating the Logger Store account may create a balance due on the student account. Payment for the balance must be made within the billing cycle (one month) to avoid any late fees.
To learn more visit the Logger Store Charge Account webpage.
All students must submit payment in full or confirm plan for payment (with loans or payment plans secured) by Aug. 15 (Fall Semester) and Jan. 15 (Spring Semester). The initial payment deadline for each semester is extremely important. When payment arrangements are not finalized, students may have current enrollment dropped, may not check into Residence Halls or begin the Orientation program.
- The $200 Late Payment Confirmation Fee is applied to accounts that have not met the initial payment deadline each semester, this fee holds the student's enrollment for the upcoming semester through the first day of class only. This is only applied in August or January each year (initial payment deadline for fall and spring semesters).
Puget Sound offers several options for payment. Payment may be made by electronic check, check or cash and credit cards.
Credit Cards are subject to a service fee of 2.85% or $3, whichever is greater, this cannot be waived or refunded. NOTE: Debit cards with a credit card logo can be used and will also be subject to the service fee which cannot be waived or refunded under any circumstance. If you want to use a debit card for payment, we recommend submitting payment via electronic check to avoid paying the service fee as it cannot be waived.
1. Payment in full
Payment for each semester's balance due must be paid in full by the payment deadline; Aug. 15 for Fall Semester and Jan. 15 for Spring Semester.
- Be sure to check the account balance monthly (watch for our SFS monthly statement emails) to pay for additional fees that may be added throughout the semester.
- Accounts with new charges added to the account that are not paid by the 15th of each month will be charged a $25 late fee each month payment is not received.
2. Payment Plans - Available: January 3 for spring term
NOTE: You must sign up for the payment plan each semester. The presence of a payment plan from a prior semester does not add one to your account for a future semester.
The payment plan allows for extended payments of the semester balance due across the five months of the term. There is an $80 participation fee per term the payment plan is used. The first payment of the plan is due Aug. 15 (Fall Term) and Jan. 15 (Spring Term) with additional payments due the 15th of each month. A $25 late fee will be charged for monthly installments not paid in full and payments not received by the due date.
Authorized Users must enroll for payment plans through Bill + Payment.
3. 529 Plans for Payment
Using a 529 Savings Plan for payment? No worries! We know it can take a bit of time to get the funds requested and issued, processing requirements vary widely among plan administrators so plan accordingly.
- Please email email@example.com by the payment deadline to confirm you have submitted your disbursement request to your 529 plan administrator.
- You may be required to send a copy of the billing to the plan administrator as proof of payment due, which you can access in the Bill + Payment system.
Common 529 plan information you may need:
- Check payable to University of Puget Sound, include Puget Sound ID or student name on the memo line.
Mail to: University of Puget Sound, Student Financial Services, 1500 N. Warner St. #1039, Tacoma, WA 98416-1039.
4. Parent PLUS Loans
The Direct PLUS Loan is a credit-based loan which allows parents to borrow up to the cost of attendance, less any other financial aid already awarded. Parents may apply for a Direct PLUS Loan for any year that their student is enrolled at least half-time as an undergraduate student.
- Apply for your 2022–23 PLUS Loan once fall billing has posted. Remember to borrow enough to cover the amount of the loan origination fee (4.228% through Oct. 1, 2022). See more information on Parent PLUS Loans. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance confirming the amount you should borrow.
- Interest rates for the upcoming academic year (2022–23) for the Parent PLUS Loan program is fixed for the life of the loan at 7.54%. Federal loan interest rates are reset each year on July 1.
Requesting Refunds From Financial Aid Credit
When your financial aid exceeds the amount billed to your student account, you may request a refund of the credit balance. Refunds can be requested by emailing email@example.com. Refunds cannot be started until the first day of the semester.
Puget Sound can direct deposit refunds electronically, to your bank account if you set up an eRefund profile in Bill + Payment. Select the following link for the steps required to set up an eRefund profile.
Withdrawal or Changes to Enrollment (Please Review!)
Have to withdraw from the university or drop enrollment after classes start? You may be eligible for tuition charge adjustments based on the official withdrawal date as provided by the Office of the Registrar.
Please review the full details of Puget Sound's Tuition Adjustment Policy.
Please visit the FAQ for answers to the most commonly asked questions about student finances.