Welcome to the Science Core Facility!
We are located in the Science Center, Harned Hall, which opened in May 2006 and are home to the Weatherwax Electron Microscopy Suite. The Science Core Facility provides outstanding facilities and equipment for both teaching and research for the entire campus.
Some of our resources include:
- Hitachi S3400N Variable Pressure Scanning Electron Microscope
- Markforged The Mark Two 3D Printer
- Nikon D-Eclipse C1 Confocal microscope
- BioRad CFX96 Real-Time PCR Detection System
- LI-COR Odyssey Fc Dual Mode Imaging System
- GenePix 4100A Microarray Scanner
- SpectraMax M2 Microplate Reader
- Bio-Rad GelDoc XR+
The science core facility is a campus-wide resource for students, faculty and staff. The core is also open to academic and commercial users outside of the University of Puget Sound. Outside users need to contact the Science Core Facility Technician directly for training and appointments. For more information on some of our instruments please see our Equipment page.