Info for Parents Counselors

Financial Aid for Summer Session

Forms and Deadlines

Apply on time - Many sources of financial aid have limited funding.


Federal and State Work-Study

  • Federal and State Work-Study employment is available to undergraduate continuing students only.
  • Students may be eligible even if they are not enrolled in summer classes if they will be enrolled full-time during Fall Semester 2018.
  • For most students, a summer Federal or State Work-Study award does not impact the amount of academic year aid awarded to them.


  • Undergraduate degree seeking students who enroll at least half-time (2.0 units)
  • Graduate degree seeking students who enroll at least half-time (1.5 units)

Summer financial aid award notices will be available beginning mid-April.

Financial Aid Programs

  • Federal and State Work-Study Employment: Jobs are available on campus for eligible students, and off campus for Washington State residents at select employers, including community service organizations (e.g., Tacoma Community House, Broadway Center for the Performing Arts, United Way). Funding is awarded to eligible students on a first-come, first-served basis as they secure and confirm employment. Preference is given to students who are continuing in jobs they have held previously and those who have the skills, experience and/or availability that meet job requirements.
  • Additional Employment Options: Students who are not awarded Federal or State Work-Study are encouraged to visit the Career and Employment Services (CES) website for information on other employment opportunities. CES staff members are available to assist you with your job search.
  • Federal Direct Loan
  • Federal Parent PLUS Loan
  • Federal Graduate PLUS Loan
  • Private Educational Loans