MAT faculty and the K-12 mentors with whom we work are deeply committed to your growth as a teacher and learner. Capable and engaged mentors are central to the growth of any teacher.
- Believe in the inherent intelligence and capacity of all K-12 students and you as a beginning teacher.
- Provide individualized supports to you in a variety of ways.
- Model the disposition of a life-long learner.
- Listen intently to you and respond with empathy.
- Challenge you to explore your assumptions and biases.
Our K–12 mentor teachers are highly-qualified, engaged teacher leaders in their schools and work to involve you with their students right away. Many mentors with whom we work are alumni and understand our program's goals and the unique features of your experience.
MAT faculty members are full-time professors and instructors who began their careers as classroom teachers in public schools. Our collective experience in public schools spans all grade levels and content areas, and we continue to stay involved in local schools. We are committed to mentoring your growth as a teacher during your time in the program and throughout your career.
Return to elementary, secondary, or music education pages.