The Summer Fellowship Internship (SFI) supports students who would like to gain experience interning for nonprofit or public sector organizations. Through a competitive application process, students are selected to engage in the Tacoma community and represent the University of Puget Sound in cultivated internship positions.
- Program Dates: May 23 - July 25, 2022
- A $4,000 fellowship is awarded to Summer Fellowship Internship participants
- Students attend a weekly, two-hour community meeting
- Students intern for 28 hours per week for 10 weeks
- Student connect with alumni speakers from various industries
- Low cost, on-campus housing available
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Must be returning to Puget Sound the following year
- 5 essay questions
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, February 15, 11:59 P.M.
Applications are evaluated based on essay responses and financial need.
- Attend an information session.
- Research available internships positions and select your top 3 internship sites.
- Complete the online application by February 15, 11:59 p.m. You will be notified by email if you are selected as one of the finalist.
- Set up an appointment with CES to review your application materials.
- Submit your final resumes and cover letters to Experiential Learning Programs and Support.
- Interview at internship sites. *Note: Internship sites will select the candidates they wish to interview. Applicants are not guaranteed an interview or internship.
- Community partners will make offers by Friday, March 11.
- Confirm your placement with the Experiential Learning office by Friday, April 1.