The Summer Fellowship Internship (SFI) supports students who would like to gain experience interning for nonprofit or public sector organizations. Through a competitive application process, students are selected to engage in the Tacoma community and represent the University of Puget Sound in cultivated internship positions.
Applications for the 2023 Summer Fellowship Internship Program will open on Wednesday, February 1 and close on Wednesday, February 15, 2023.
- Program Dates: May 22 - July 28, 2023
- A $4,000 fellowship is awarded to Summer Fellowship Internship participants
- Students attend a weekly, two-hour community meeting
- Students intern for 28 hours per week for 10 weeks
- Student connect with alumni speakers from various industries
- Low cost, on-campus housing available
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Must be returning to Puget Sound the following year
- 5 essay questions
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 15, 11:59 P.M.
Applications are evaluated based on essay responses and financial need.
- Attend an information session.
- You can begin researching past SFI available internships positions and identifying organizations that you may be interested in. Finalized positions for the 2023 program.
- Complete the online application by February 15, 11:59 p.m. You will be notified by email if you are selected as one of the finalists.
- Set up an appointment with CES to review your application materials.
- Submit your final resumes and cover letters to Experiential Learning Programs and Support using a shared google drive that will be provided.
- Interview at internship sites. *Note: Internship sites will select the candidates they wish to interview. Applicants are not guaranteed an interview or internship.
- Community partners have been asked to make offers by Friday, March 24. Participants should accept or decline positions within 3 days.
- Confirm your placement with the Experiential Learning office by Monday, April 13.
- Application for the Summer Fellowship Internship 2023 Program Coming Soon