Some resources to aid in virtual classroom delivery:
See this document for a brief overview in starting a videoconference session in Google Hangouts Meet. (Log in with your Puget Sound credentials to access, not your personal Gmail.)
See this document for the Google Slides from a presentation on Google Hangouts Meet and Canvas Conferences. (Log in with your Puget Sound credentials to access, not your personal Gmail.)
Canvas Instructor Guide (managed by Instructure)
Google's Teach from Home information guide
We are here to support your success! The Educational Technology team provides services and resources to faculty, students, and support staff in the use of technology and digital media services to enhance teaching, learning, digital scholarship, and research:
- Canvas & Moodle (retired)
- Meet our Educational Technologists: Explore what we specialize in and contact us.
- Learn What We Do: See how your Educational Technologists help support teaching and learning with technology on campus.
- Recommended Resources that Support Learning & Teaching: We support Canvas and a range of learning technologies used by students during their time at Puget Sound. We offer consultations, training, support, and access to equipment and software.
- Emerging Technology in Teaching & Learning: We investigate and support emerging technology tools and share these tools with faculty and student. See reviews and recommendations of our favorite digital resources on our EdTech Blog. Have an idea or interested in exploring new possibilities? Contact us!
- Faculty Teaching & Research Support: We work closely with faculty to support instruction, research, and course-related events. Our team also administers and supports the campus Learning Management System (LMS), Canvas (replaced Moodle summer 2019.)
- Developing Your Skills: We offer one-on-one and small group trainings on a range of instructional software, digital resources, and other topics. This includes developing and conducting workshops, individual trainings, and short guest teaching modules in ongoing courses.
- Digital Media Lab: Our lab on the first floor of Collins Library offers equipment & support for beginning through advanced digital audio and video projects. Come down and create!
- Connect with us: Contact an individual Educational Technologist or get in touch with us at
Educational Technologist for Math & Sciences
Educational Technologist for Arts & Humanities
Educational Technologist for Social Sciences