Orientation, Residence Life, Outdoor Programs & Spiritual Life and Civic Engagement Leadership Opportunities
Orientation Leader Information and Applications
If you have questions, please contact Orientation staff via email at email@example.com.
Puget Sound Outdoor Programs - New Leader Training
If you are interested in leading outdoor trips for the universities outdoor program Puget Sound Outdoors a.k.a. PSO then apply to get involved. Whether you want to lead trips for PSO or during Orientation its important that you lead trips (1-2 per semester) during the year to continue to develop your leadership, facilitation and outdoor skills.
Applications for O.L.E. Outdoor Leadership Experience Course will be available and will be due by February 1, 2020.
More information at www.pugetsound.edu/ole
Residence Life Leader Information and Applications
Information and application materials
Spiritual Life and Civic Engagement (SLICE) opportunities
The following positions are available through SLICE:
- Interfaith Coordinator – 5-7 awards annually depending on funding, $4,000 each.
- Religious Leadership Awards – 10-15 awards each year, ranging from $3,000-$7,000, some with specific requirements (e.g. Methodist, or a junior/senior, or a certain GPA) but most are open to everyone involved in religious or spiritual leadership on/off campus.
- Cyrus Ames Wright Awards – usually 3-7 awards annually, ranging from $2,500-$20,000 (rarely awarded above $15,000) – priority for “students preparing for the ministry,” but with changing campus demographics awards are regularly given to students from any faith or spiritual tradition preparing for or considering/exploring “professional life-long religious leadership.”
- Hurley Community Service Award – 1 award each year, usually $3,000-$5,000 depending on funding, to implement a proposed community service initiative.
- Chaplain’s Award for Spirituality and Social Justice – 1 award each year, this is the first year it’s been awarded, will be about $1,000 depending on funding.
For more information, please see Scholarships for Currently Enrolled Students.