Orientation, Residence Life & Outdoor Programs Leadership Opportunities
The following positions are available through New Student Orientation and Residence Life:
Orientation Leader Information and Applications
Come to an information session to find out more:
- December 12, 2017 - 6:30 pm - Rotunda
Please check back later for application materials and selection timeline. If you have questions, please contact Orientation staff via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spiritual Life and Civic Engagement (SLICE) opportunities
The following positions are available through SLICE:
- Interfaith Coordinator – 5-7 awards annually depending on funding, $4,000 each.
- Religious Leadership Awards – 10-15 awards each year, ranging from $3,000-$7,000, some with specific requirements (e.g. Methodist, or a junior/senior, or a certain GPA) but most are open to everyone involved in religious or spiritual leadership on/off campus.
- Cyrus Ames Wright Awards – usually 3-7 awards annually, ranging from $2,500-$20,000 (rarely awarded above $15,000) – priority for “students preparing for the ministry,” but with changing campus demographics awards are regularly given to students from any faith or spiritual tradition preparing for or considering/exploring “professional life-long religious leadership.”
- Hurley Community Service Award – 1 award each year, usually $3,000-$5,000 depending on funding, to implement a proposed community service initiative.
- Chaplain’s Award for Spirituality and Social Justice – 1 award each year, this is the first year it’s been awarded, will be about $1,000 depending on funding.
For more information, please see Scholarships for Currently Enrolled Students.