Orientation, Residence Life & Outdoor Programs Leadership Opportunities
The following positions are available through New Student Orientation and Residence Life:
Orientation Leader Information and Applications
Come to an information session to find out more:
- Wednesday February 2, 7:00pm - 8:00pm ~ Tahoma room
- Tuesday February 7, 8:00pm - 9:00pm ~ Social Justice Center - across from the C.I.C.CE the yellow house
A suggestion for filling out the on-line application: The questions in the links below are the same questions you are asked to respond to in the online application. It is recommended that you answer these questions in a Word document and then copy and paste them into the online application. This insures that you are able to save your content in the event that your web browser crashes or times you out while you are filling out the application.
New Leader Questions
Veteran Leader Questions
Overview of 2017 Selection Timeline
Leader Selection Important Dates
- Monday February 13
Orientation Applications Due 11:59 pm pacific time
- ***Remember to sign up for an interview in Student Development after you have submitted your application.****
- February 15 - March 1
All Orientation Leader Interviews - Sign up for a small group interview in Student Development after your application has been.
- February 20
Outdoor Leadership Experience - O.L.E. applications due February 27 for leaders interested in being OVERNIGHT TRIP leader for PSO and Passages.
- By Friday March 10
Orientation selection notification via email
- Sunday in March 26
Spring Orientation leader orientation 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
(date to be determined)
Spiritual Life and Civic Engagement (SLICE) opportunities
The following positions are available through SLICE:
- Interfaith Coordinator – 5-7 awards annually depending on funding, $4,000 each.
- Religious Leadership Awards – 10-15 awards each year, ranging from $3,000-$7,000, some with specific requirements (e.g. Methodist, or a junior/senior, or a certain GPA) but most are open to everyone involved in religious or spiritual leadership on/off campus.
- Cyrus Ames Wright Awards – usually 3-7 awards annually, ranging from $2,500-$20,000 (rarely awarded above $15,000) – priority for “students preparing for the ministry,” but with changing campus demographics awards are regularly given to students from any faith or spiritual tradition preparing for or considering/exploring “professional life-long religious leadership.”
- Hurley Community Service Award – 1 award each year, usually $3,000-$5,000 depending on funding, to implement a proposed community service initiative.
- Chaplain’s Award for Spirituality and Social Justice – 1 award each year, this is the first year it’s been awarded, will be about $1,000 depending on funding.
For more information, please see Scholarships for Currently Enrolled Students.