Friday Update: Mask Mandates and Asymptomatic Testing
May 6, 2022
Dear Members of the Campus Community,
The end of the academic year is almost upon us and great work is being done to ready the campus for our Commencement celebration. As we prepare to welcome the families and friends of our graduates to campus and step into our summer season, please note the following updates to our COVID protocols:
- Masking indoors will be required through May 22.
- Current asymptomatic testing protocols will continue through May 22.
- Masking outdoors will not be required, but recommended if social distancing is not possible.
- We are not requiring vaccination for guests to attend the Commencement ceremony. If you have friends or family planning to participate in the festivities, please familiarize yourself with the event-specific information on the Commencement 2022 website.
- Beginning May 23, indoor masking will become optional, but still recommended.
- Our summer asymptomatic testing program is still being determined, and more information will be provided in the coming weeks.
- Some members of our campus are eligible for the second booster. If you are eligible or have questions about the second booster, please consult CHWS or your medical provider.
Thanks to the efforts and attention of each and every one of you, we will be able to honor the Classes of 2022 in true Logger fashion, in person and together.
Isiaah Crawford, Ph.D. | President