The annual Lavender Graduates Celebration has become an enriching part of campus life at Puget Sound. The Lavender Graduates Celebration is a time to recognize and applaud the unique challenges and successes of our LGBTQ+ students (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, queer and beyond). Traditionally, the celebration honors graduating students and honorary LavGrads who are faculty, staff, or administrators who are chosen to be recognized as advocates of the LGBTQ+ community.
Past Speakers & Keynotes include:
- 2019 Keynote by Heather White, Ph.D.
- 2018 Keynote by Megan Carpenter, Ph.D.
- 2017 Keynote by Katy Curtis, M.A.
- 2016 Keynote by Laura Krughoff, Ph.D.
- 2015 Keynote by Ryan Mello '01, Tacoma City Council
- 2015 Speeches by Elaine Stamp '15, Aryeh Conrad '15, and Santana Iafeta '15
- 2014 Keynote by Erica Martin, Ph.D.
- 2014 Speeches Clara Sciortino '14 and Max Estevao '14
- 2013 Keynote by Harry Velez-Quinones, Ph.D.
- 2013 Speeches by Mel Kohler '13, Michael Aiyar '13, Jason Rison '13
- 2012 Keynote by Rep. Laurie Jinkins, 27th Legislative District in Pierce County
- 2011 Speech by Amy Ryken, Ph.D.
- 2010 and 2011 Keynote by Donn Marshall, Ph.D.
- 2010 Speeches by Alana Kazam! '10 and Glynnis Kirchmeier '10
- 2009 Keynote by Dave Droge, Associate Professor, Communication Studies
- 2009 Speech by Briana Skirm '09, Elizabeth Smith '09 and Clay Thompson '09
- 2008 Keynote by Joseph Daniels, Chair of the Seattle Commission on Sexual Minorities
- 2008 Speeches by JD Barton '08 and Skylar Bihl '08
- 2007 Keynote by Donn Marshall, Ph.D.
- 2007 Speech by Clay Harmon '07
- 2006 Keynote by Terry Beck, Ph.D.
- 2005 Keynote Address by Rev. K. James Davis
- 2002 Keynote Address by J. David Macey, Jr., Ph.D.