This program of study for young children was founded on the educational principles of the Japanese violinist and teacher Shinichi Suzuki. The Suzuki method involves active participation of a parent or caregiver. Both the parent and the child attend lessons together.
Suzuki music lessons for a specific instrument can be started for children as young as three years old. We also offer our Nurtured By Music class for infants and toddlers younger than three years old. The Suzuki Method nurtures musical growth through the positive encouragement of both parent and teacher.
- Suzuki Cello (Instructor: Shiang-Yin Lee)
- Suzuki Harp (Instructor: Catherine Case)
- Suzuki Piano (Instructors: Jacqueline Block)
- Suzuki Violin (Instructors: Betty Ellsworth, Gayane Grigoryan, Jennifer Yarbrough)
- Suzuki Violin Group classes for Twinkle and Books 1 - 4
- Nurtured By Music class for infants and toddlers