Here are some resources related to the Writing With Awareness chapter of Sound Writing:
- "10 Ways to Tackle Linguistic Bias in Our Classrooms," an accessible Inside Higher Education piece by Catherine Savini that synthesizes research on linguistic diversity from the past ten years in the field of Composition and Rhetoric.
- Writing Across Borders, a series of three videos from Oregon State University, featuring interviews with international students
- Resources from the September 23, 2015 Wednesday at 4 session, "He/She/Ze/They: Navigating Pronouns in the Classroom and in Student Writing"
- Johnson and VanBrackle (2012), "Linguistic Discrimination in Writing Assessment: How Raters React to African American 'Errors,' ESL Errors, and Standard English Errors on a State-Mandated Writing Exam"
- Matsuda and Cox (2011), "Reading an ESL Writer's Text"