Summer Fellowship Internship Program
The Summer Fellowship Internship (SFI) supports students who have a passion for nonprofit or public sector work and want to gain experience in the field. Through a competitive application process, students are selected to help improve the Tacoma community and represent the University of Puget Sound in cultivated internship positions.
- Program Dates: TBA
- A $3,400 fellowship is awarded to Summer Fellowship Internship participants
- Students attend a weekly, two-hour community meeting
- Students intern for 28 hours per week for 10 weeks
- Student connect with alumni speakers from various industries
- Low cost, on-campus housing available
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: (Apply Here)
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- 4 essay questions
- Application Deadline: TBA
- Must have Sophomore, Junior, or Senior Standing
- Must be returning to Puget Sound the following year
Applications are evaluated based on essay responses, strength of internship materials, and financial need.
- Attend a mandatory Summer Fellowship Internship information session
- If you are unable to make any of the listed times, please visit our office in Howarth Hall 005
- Research available internship positions
- Select your top 3 internship sites
- Complete the online application
- Receive admission decision
- Interview at internship sites
*Internship sites will select the candidates they wish to interview. Applicants are not guaranteed an interview or internship.
- Community partners will make offers by TBA.