Summer Fellowship Internship Program
The Summer Fellowship Internship (SFI) supports students who have a passion for nonprofit or public sector work and want to gain experience in the field. Through a competitive application process, students are selected to help improve the Tacoma community and represent the University of Puget Sound in cultivated internship positions.
- Program Dates: May 26 - July 31, 2020
- A $3,400 fellowship is awarded to Summer Fellowship Internship participants
- Students attend a weekly, two-hour community meeting
- Students intern for 28 hours per week for 10 weeks
- Student connect with alumni speakers from various industries
- Low cost, on-campus housing available
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Must have Sophomore, Junior, or Senior Standing
- Must be returning to Puget Sound the following year
- 5 essay questions
- Application Deadline: Monday, February 17
Applications are evaluated based on essay responses and financial need.
- Attend a mandatory Summer Fellowship Internship information session in Library 054
- Wednesday, January 29 from 5-6 p.m.
- Thursday, January 30 from 5-6 p.m.
- Friday, January 31 from 3-4 p.m.
- Monday, February 3 from 10-11 a.m.
- Tuesday, February 4 from 9-10 a.m.
- Monday, February 10 from 2-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 11 from 4-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 12 from 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Friday, February 14 from 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Complete the online application by February 17
- Research available internships positions and select your top 3 internship sites
- Attend one of the resume and cover letter labs hosted by CES in McIntyre 324
Monday, February 24: 3-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, February 26: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Thursday, February 27: 4-5:30 p.m.
- Send final resume and cover letters to email@example.com
- Interview at internship sites
*Internship sites will select the candidates they wish to interview. Applicants are not guaranteed an interview or internship.
- Community partners will make offers by Friday, March 27
- Confirm your placement with the Experiential Learning office by Monday, March 30