Below are the steps you must take to have courses from another U.S. college or university evaluated for the degree at the University of Puget Sound:

  1. Complete the Transfer Evaluation Request form (PDF). You will enter on the form the courses you would like to take at the other college, along with your contact information and information about your academic program (e.g. major, minor). For summer classes, you can complete the form as soon as the summer schedule is published at the other school. The Transfer Equivalency Manual is a guide to selecting courses. Note that the manual is a guide, and not a guarantee that any particular course listed will transfer to the Puget Sound degree.
  2. Save the completed form. Email it to the Registrar's Office at The form should be emailed from your email account.
  3.  Your proposed courses will be evaluated following university transfer credit policies. Depending upon the courses you listed, he may need to do further work before completing your request. He may ask you to provide a course syllabus to make a final transfer determination. Upon your return, you may also need to submit the textbook and completed assignments for review as the basis of the final transfer credit evaluation.
  4. The completed Transfer Evaluation Request form will be emailed to your email account. This completed Transfer Evaluation Request form becomes part of your academic record, and may also be sent to your advisor
  5. Contact the Registrar’s Office at the transfer college to request an official transcript be sent.  It is the student's responsibility to have the transcript sent.  An electronic transcript can be sent by email from the institution's third party provider to or by mail to this address:

    Office of the Registrar
    University of Puget Sound
    1500 N. Warner St #1034
    Tacoma, WA 98416-1034

  6. After your official transcript arrives, credit for your approved courses will be added to your academic record at Puget Sound and you will be notified. Note that only the total credit received will be listed on the Puget Sound transcript.  Course names and grades from other institutions are not listed.