Setting Up Gmail App
- Install the Gmail app from the Apple App Store (iOS devices) or the Google Play Store (Android devices).
- Open the Gmail app and tap Sign in then tap Add account or Add another account on the following screen.
- Select Google from the list of providers. Tap Continue when asked to use google.com to sign in.
- Enter your email@example.com email address and tap Next.
- You will be taken to the Puget Sound login page. Enter your Puget Sound credentials and tap Sign In.
- (iOS/iPadOS only) After successfully logging in, your Puget Sound email will appear. Ensure the slider next to your @pugetsound.edu is enabled and tap Done.
- (iOS/iPadOS only) If you would like to enable notifications for new emails, tap Allow.
- Your email should now be all set up! If you have other accounts on the Gmail app, tap the circle in the upper-right of the screen to switch between accounts.
Setting Up Google Calendar App
NOTE: These instructions assume you have already added your @pugetsound.edu account in Gmail using the steps above.
- Install the Google Calendar app from the Apple App Store (iOS devices) or the Google Play Store (Android devices).
- (iOS/iPadOS only) Tap the slider for your @pugetsound.edu account to enable calendar on the app then tap Get Started.
- (iOS/iPadOS only) You may receive prompts to allow the Google Calendar app to access your device's calendar and contacts. Tap Don't Allow or OK depending on your preferences. These are both optional for functionality.
- (iOS/iPadOS only) You will receive a prompt to allow notifications. Tap Allow if you would like to be notified of upcoming events on your calendar on this device.
- You are now ready to use Google Calendar!
- (Optional) If you would like to adjust how your calendar is displayed, tap the menu icon then choose a display option.
- (Optional) If you have subscribed to calendars, tap the menu icon, tap Show More, then tap on the calendar names to hide or unhide the calendar within the app.