If you're using a Google Account through your school, you can copy and transfer your files to another Google Account. This process lets you:
- Back up your files from time to time
Keep important files when you graduate, switch schools, or leave for another reason
What can I copy?
You can copy and transfer these kinds of files from your school account to another Google Account:
- Email in Gmail (not contacts, chats, or tasks)
- Documents that you own in Google Drive (except files in the "Google Photos" section of Drive)
- Documents in My Drive
- The original files stay in your school account. Any changes you make to the copied files don't affect the originals.
What can't I copy?
A file in My Drive won't be copied if either of the following are true:
- You're a viewer, not an editor or owner
- The owner has turned off download, print, and copy options for commenters and viewers
When the copy process is done, you'll be notified by email about any files in My Drive that weren't copied.
Download files that aren't copied
To save your content from other Google products, you can download your data.
For example, you can download your Gmail contacts, your YouTube videos, and your photo albums in Google Photos.